Situated on a quiet, very narrow side street, our village house is just a stone's throw from the bustling center of this legendary wine town. On your lazy days, step around the corner for fresh croissants, go a few steps farther for the International Herald Tribune at the Presse, then relax. If you decide to cook, walk to an excellent butcher shop, two small grocers, and a tiny supermarket for everything you need. Prepare yourself for tasting Rhône wines.
Since we don't have a private terrace, we have discovered an incredible spot to sip our evening wine. It's just a three-minute walk from the house, up to the wall below the Château ruin. The view is stupendous and it's a lovely way to connect to the village and its people.
On trip days, wind through the vineyards – less than 10 km – to the Autoroute. Côte Rôtie is two hours to the North; the coastal town of Cassis and the stunning Calanques, towering over the Mediterranean, are about the same distance to the south.
Maison Châteauneuf is most comfortable for a family of four or five, or for two couples.
- Two bedrooms with queen-sized beds
- Inflatable mattress for children
- Separate WC and bath/shower room
- Open tile kitchen with dining area for 4
- Phone, laptop with WiFi and printer
- Authentic vaulted wine cellar
- A bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine, with our compliments
- Shops, services, and wine tasting rooms within walking distance
- Public pool and tennis courts
- Free public parking just minutes from the house