This is a lovely 3-level townhouse dating back to the 12th century in the center of Arles. Two ensuite bedrooms and the living room overlook the ancient Roman amphitheatre, one of Arles most famous antiquities. No need for a car to take advantage of all that the town has to offer. In addition to a wealth of noted Roman art and architecture, there’s shopping, sight-seeing, cultural events. For the stout of heart, bullfights are held in season.
Within a maze of narrow, winding streets, Arles is filled with hidden treasures, boutiques and amazing restaurants. In the evenings, join locals at Place du Forum - a large open square filled with restaurants and cafés. Arles is also home to one of the region's finest markets, overflowing with local products and crafts, fruits and vegetables, lavender products, soaps, olives, flowers, honey.
The townhome has been tastefully remodeled, retaining original stone walls and exposed overhead beams. Décor is a combination of modern furnishings and carefully chosen antiques. The modest kitchenette is equipped with refrigerator, and microwave – best for breakfast and lunch preparation, which leaves you to visit the great restaurants of Arles for your dinner!
- 2 ensuite bedrooms with queen beds and high-quality linens
- Guest bath
- Stunning location overlooking Roman Amphitheatre
- Air-conditioning in each room
- Laundry room
- High speed internet access, telephone
- Cable/satellite television (in each bedroom)
- Nearby Camargue National Park, nearby
- Picturesque village of St. Remy, 30 minutes
- Mediterranean beaches at Les Saintes Maries de la Mer, 40 miles