There’s nothing fussy about this attractive home in the hilltop village of Venasque. Recently rebuilt in the shell of a ruin, this property is actually two adjoining village houses. You can rent them together or separately. From the outside, the ancient stone homes are as provençal as they come, situated on a winding little street that’s off limits to cars. There’s a tiny, gated courtyard at the front door, and terraces at the back, overlooking the serene Vaucluse Valley. Inside, you’ll discover a unique Asian-French aesthetic woven into traditional white-washed walls, exposed beams and tile floors. Simply furnished but perfectly equipped with all the modern conveniences. Hand-woven Laotian fabrics cover beds and windows.
- Two houses, each with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- Two fully equipped kitchens with all appliances
- Perched terraces with views
- Telephone available in 1 of the houses
- Parking available in public lot just a few steps from the front door
- Excellent bakery, small grocery store, and several restaurants in the village
- Other services 4 miles away in St. Didier, or 8 miles away in Carpentras