It's no wonder Venasque has been officially designated by the French Government as "One of the Most Beautiful Villages in France." It's perched on a rock promontory overlooking the spectacular Vaucluse Valley and Mt. Ventoux, tallest peak in Provence. This enchanting village looks much the way it did in turn-of-the-century photos we've found at local flea markets. It even has real church bells that call farmers home for lunch. Stone houses with red tile roofs are packed together, going every-which-way. It's impossible to tell where one house ends and the next begins.
Maison Venasque is just such a house. Rebuilt among thick, 700-year-old stone walls, it sleeps up to eight, and is ideal for two families with children, or for three couples.
- Rooftop terrace with spectacular views
- 4 bedrooms (1 queen, 2 doubles, 1 double with 2 singles)
- Two baths with showers and tubs (one in the master bedroom) plus two separate WCs
- Enclosed patio for morning coffee
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, rotisserie, dishwasher, washer, and dryer
- Phone, laptop, WiFi, and printer
- Excellent bakery, small grocery store, and several restaurants in the village
- Other services 4 miles away in St. Didier, or 8 miles away in Carpentras
- Secured parking lot for one car